Nutrition Update

Some interesting nutrition tidbits:

1. McDonald's Fries Go Trans-Fat Free--Many of you have heard me complain about how eating McDonald's fries are actually worse for your body than smoking a cigarette. They are lethal. The good news is that McDonald's has announced it is making a change to go with a Trans-Fat free oil. So even though I don't recommend the fries, if you do eat them or give them to your kids, you don't need to feel as bad.

2. Kraft has come out with a mayonnaise made with olive oil. The product has half the fat and calories as regular Kraft mayonnaise and the fat used is a good fat for our bodies.

3. After some investigation, it has been found that restaurant dishes targeted to health conscious consumers actually contained twice the calories and eight times the grams of fat than was originally claimed. Chili's, Taco Bell and Applebee's are some of the restaurants at fault.

6 comments:

Christin said...

Arghh...the guilt.

Jen said...

I am so glad you posted this info. I love hearing and or reading your great nutrition tidbits.

Anonymous said...

Are they doing the same with the nuggets? Those evil delicious morsels.... :) My kids will gladly ditch the fries for the apple dippers, but they love the nuggets. I hate seeing them eat that stuff, but I admit, I cave about twice a month. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tammy I can't find your current email address. Will you send me an email so I will have it? I have a friend who is looking for some good nutrition info for her little girl and I told her I'd run her ?'s by you. :)
Heather
flyoceanic@comcast.net

diane said...

I need to try that mayo. Will you please blog the salad recipe?!

3WimmerBoys said...

Now that is fascinating stuff! I love little bits of info like this. Post more!